Charles Schwab Senior Team Manager, Social Media & Employer Branding in Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Martha Andrea Smith
We believe that , when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck at http://www.aboutschwab.com/about/leadership/charles_schwab over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Implements and manages best-in-class social media and employer branding strategies and practices to enhance the Schwab employer brand and effectively attract elite talent.
Leads a team to provide social media, employer branding and other talent attracton services that support the talent acquisition demands.
What you’ll do:
Lead a team of program specialists and other talent attraction resources to provide talent attraction services including employer branding, social media, candidate sourcing, event planning/delivery while ensuring a positive experience for talent acquisition resources, hiring managers and candidates.
Perform on-going and regular assessment of teams and functions volume/demands to proactively address potential challenges.
Support team members with day-to-day activities such as providing guideance on employer branding/social media content and approach, talent attraction approaches/techniques, and support of the Sourcing Advisors and Talent Advisors.
Manage and develop a geographically dispersed team by: setting clear performance expectations, providing coaching & development, and evolving the team as talent acquisition and the business evolves.
Learn and understand the business strategic priorities and talent acquisition strategy, and develop a strong business acumen.
Develop and implement strategic plans for employer branding and TA social media based on the business and talent acquisition strategy, talent strategy, diversity efforts, and workforce plans.
Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships throughout talent acquisition and key internal partner groups and serve as the primary point of contact for employer branding and social media.
Partner and consult with Sourcing Advisors, Talent Advisors, and TA Leaders on their talent attraction needs and deliver employer branding and social media solutions that support the overall talent attraction strategy/plan.
Utilize data analytics and expertise in employer branding and social media (i.e. workforce trends, talent attraction drivers, competitive intelligence, and Schwab’s employment brand position) to develop, implement and modify Schwab’s employer branding and social media straties and approaches. In addition, leverage this information/expertise to influence and advise talent acquisition on strategic talent decisions.
Actively partner with the Talent Advisors, Sourcing Advisors & Centralized Admin/Process/Technology teams to evolve programs and formulate strategies to network and build relationships with prospective candidates.
Develop and implement talent attraction campaigns using social media (i.e. Q&A events).
Partner with PR and Marketing to ensure our employment brand is maximized and leveraging existing content and all candidate touch points are consistently reflecting the brand.
Serve as the subject matter expertise on the talent attraction needs for social media capabilities including programmatic features, while educating and supporting team members on how best to leverage this channel.
Support governance-related functions for the program.
Ensure social media program remains in compliance with applicable regulatory, legal, audit and supervision/control requirements.
Develop and maintain content on internal and external career sites to maximize branding and continuously evolve it to keep candidate and prospects engaged and interested in Schwab.
Research best practices and stay abreast of the competitive landscape within the social media channel.
Continually monitor talent community network and source sites.
Support the program management of the Talent Attraction’s Social Media program to attract top talent to Schwab.
What you have:
3+ years demonstrated experience successfully leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Minimum 3 years successfully managing a geographically dispersed recruiting team of similar scope and complexity of business
Knowledge of US employment law and corporate recruitment practices.
Understanding of brand positioning strategies in a recruitment setting.
Strong understanding of technology and social media, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, Vine
Knowledge of US employment law and corporate recruitment practices
Strong business acumen
Excellent social media knowledge and skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent project management skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to support an initiative from concept to execution
Ability to build and cultivate strong authentic relationships across the firm
Ability to synthesize data and identify trends to increase program effectiveness
Strong ability to influence, gain creditability, and build strong relationships with hiring managers and candidates
Ability to effectively manage a geographically dispersed team
Ability to manage and lead multiple initiatives/projects
Ability to develop, deliver and tailor presentations to multiple audiences
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Ability to exercise sound judgment
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the business and gain credibility leaders.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field is strongly preferred or relevant experience
You'll demonstrate these behaviors:
1. Technical Expertise: Depth of knowledge and skill in the area of Talent Acquisition, Employer Branding and Social Media.
2. Influencing Others: The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
3. Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that info, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information
4. Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain & strengthen partnerships with others who can provide info, assistance and support
5. Analytical Thinking: Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach
6. Strategic Thinking: Analyzing an organization’s competitive position and developing a clear & compelling vision of what the organization needs for success in the future
7. Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive
8. Business Acumen: Having direct knowledge of client business operations & strategy and being able to understand how the external labor market and HR practices interact to impact organizational performance.
9. Forward Thinking: Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
10. Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s team work
11. Conceptual Thinking: Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective
12. Fostering Teamwork: The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
13. Fostering Innovation: Developing, sponsoring or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
14. Personal Accountability: Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization
15. Attention to Communication: Ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
What you’ll get:
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab at http://www.aboutschwab.com/careers/lifeatschwab/" .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: Staffing-2-5 yrs
Position Located In: AZ - Phoenix
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, July 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017