Charles Schwab’s purpose is to help everyone become financially fit. Through advocacy and innovation, Schwab has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable for all. For more than three decades, The Charles Schwab Corporation has been an advocate for individual investors and the independent advisors who serve them.
At Schwab, we respect the unique differences of our employees, our clients and the communities we serve – striving to create a consistent and rewarding employee experience. If you share our enthusiasm for helping others and building trusted relationships, possess high ethical standards, and have a desire to learn and grow, there’s a place for you at Schwab!
Brief Description of Role:
The Shared Support Services organization at Schwab is comprised of centralized teams that support Schwab business goals through the delivery of technology, operations, projects, business continuity and offshore management. The focus is on maximizing operating leverage by integrating functions, increasing productivity and gaining efficiencies in order to better position Schwab to compete in the marketplace and to reinvest in areas that matter most to our clients.
Messaging Engineering Technology Solutions (METS) is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization. METS leads the corporate direction for messaging and middleware and develops on and supports approximately 10 major shared platforms. These platforms include the following capabilities:
- Asynchronous publish/subscribe
- Synchronous request/reply
- B-to-B secure transport
- Web service directory
- Corporate authentication
- Corporate authorization
- Shared Java and .Net services platforms and development engineering
- Shared distributed database
- Shared corporate data caching
- Shared NoSQL databases
- .NET and Java middleware client development
Technical / Functional Qualifications:
Schwab Technology Services is looking for motivated and energetic software engineers to advance our Messaging and Middleware platforms.
As a member of the Middleware Engineering team, you will be tasked with developing, improving, and supporting Schwab’s core middleware platforms. You will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment with opportunities to participate and lead software engineering projects through the entire software development lifecycle. You will also have the opportunity to work on a number of infrastructure related projects charged with improving capacity, availability, and security.
In order to maintain and advance these platforms, you will need to master certain aspects of systems engineering, software engineering, and quality assurance.
- 7+ years distributed development experience.
- 3+ years java development experience.
- 5+ years application design experience.
- Performance tuning experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with WAS preferred.
- Experience with the Spring framework preferred.
- Experience with Linux preferred.
- Experience with XML, XSLT, and XACML preferred.
- Experience in .NET development a plus.
- Experience with Web Services preferred.
- Strong teaming capabilities with experience on large teams.
- Ability to provide visible leadership in a multi-location environment.
- Strong interest in industry trends, frameworks, and best practices.
- Experience in the Rational Unified Process and/or Agile Development Practices a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
Position Located In: TX - Austin, CA - San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014